Honeymah - Dirranbandi
HONEYMAH is a large productive aggregation situated 83km SW of St George and 70km NW of Dirranbandi.
- AREA: 19,320 ha 47,471 acres. A mixture of soil types ranging from heavy soils and runs out in to lighter country. Approximately 90-95% of the property is established with Buffel. Over 2200 was previously farmed and now been returned to Buffel.
- WATER: A new artesian bore is centred in the middle of the property and is piped through 29km of poly pipe across the property. A third share in a trust bore is on the southern neighbours property and a fifth share is on a northern property.
- FENCING: With approximately 130km of fencing is either new or in very good condition and 75 km of older fencing. Subdivided in to 19 main paddocks and 11 smaller and holding paddocks.
- IMPROVEMENTS: Main homestead was built in 1916 and is needing renovation, managers house and cottage. Two sets of steel cattle yards.
- Comments: Owner estimates 2,000 cows and calves or 4,500 backgrounding steers / heifers.
Rainfall records have been kept on Honeymah for 110 years and the average rainfall for that period has been 475 mm or 19 inches. HONEYMAH has changed hands only twice in 93 years, and can successfully turn off large numbers of cattle, either weaners or backgrounders.